Do you have a passion for developing awesome product features? Do you love discussing usability, functionality and performance? Have you been involved in writing specification documents or come up with great feature ideas that provide real end-user value?
As a Software Engineer at Digitaz, you will be working in a team with other engineers who know the architecture in and out, with client managers and developers who have a good feeling for what customers want, and experienced project managers to help you get the job done. But no one will tell you what exactly to do: you will be part of a team that figures it out and gets it done! You will be involved in all the feature planning session s, drive new innovative ideas, and make calls on what is feasible and what is prohibitively expensive to implement. You will see and seize opportunities for quick wins, but also need to be technically-minded in order to drive solutions for hard problems by building innovative, responsive and compliant applications.
What you'll do
- Develop new features front to back for new and existing applications
- Work in a mixed discipline agile team (development, testing, QA) and engage in all aspects of software development process
- Apply best engineering practices to software development, including unit testing, review others code, encourage good coding standards and raising the quality bar of the team
- Engage with project managers, designers, back-end developers, client services, and analysts
- Engage with internal users to elicit feedback for the features you are currently developing
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for products
- Single out existing features that are in need of an overhaul
What you must have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Great design and problem solving skills, with demonstrable experience in building simple implementations to complex problems and object-oriented design
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts, web services and distributed environments
- Strong knowledge and experience in testing and/or developing Web services (REST and/or SOAP)
- 5 or more years of professional experience with Java technologies including Springboot or DropWizard
- 3 or more years of professional experience with at least two of the following frameworks or libraries:
Angular, Vue, React
- Excellent knowledge of SPA and client side MVC applications
- Working experience with Linux based operating system
- Experience in working with relational databases and SQL
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in English (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with TypeScript, Python, Git
- Experience in building low latency, scalable transactional or e-commerce systems
- Experience building distributed systems using Web Services, ESBs and asynchronous messaging
- Excitement for the latest trends in web applications
- Participation in open-source projects
- Keen to learn more about new technologies and frameworks
Interested? Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be in touch!
Student internships provide young talent with the opportunity to test out and apply their knowledge to realistic business demands. By teaming up with the Department of Mathematics and Informatics of the Faculty of Sciences in Novi Sad, Digitaz Information Technology set out to reach out to the next generations bright minds and utilize their need for practical knowledge and their eagerness to learn.
We are proud to be able to help shape the paths of tomorrow's experts and thought leaders, and we welcome interested students to apply to our internship program. As an intern at Digitaz Information Technology, you would work on new outsourcing projects or our own products like the business process management platform Dirigent.io; engage with project managers, designers, back-end developers and business analysts, as well as product users, to elicit feedback. You would also be given the opportunity to drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for features and improvements.
- Have basic knowledge of front end web technologies like CSS, HTML, Ajax
- Be familiar with web services and distributed environments
- Have knowledge of Linux based Operating Systems
- Have basic knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Have creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have an extensive knowledge of English (both verbal and written)
Interested? Shoot us an email at email@example.com. We'll be in touch!